chicp

chicp

Ol Will



"All the world’s a stage,

And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages." -Shakespeare

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Jolly Rogers and Tourist Trap Turdsalingerin'

The last time I found a headstone in the middle of the desert, I was moseying along Dirty Woman Draw when I came upon a plot with a marker. Sunny J. Rogers. On the headstone, I could read Robert Frost's words: "Nature’s first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf’s a flower; But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay." Yep, there is a lot of people from out of town wanting to live out here,... ...an' as I was saying before, I reckon y'all ain't from around here, huh? "How'd you know?" Ya fuckin' kiddin' me?

No comments:

Post a Comment