chicp

chicp

Ol Will



"All the world’s a stage,

And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages." -Shakespeare

Monday, June 28, 2010

Vain in the Brain!

Hey!
Look!

No, No, No,..
Over there!
Yea, did you see that?

No?
Oh man...
You really missed it, huh?

(Well as you might have noticed, the people I brought up in the last blogpost have yet to respond to the questions I presented and of course, they probably won't ever see what I said because for all I know, I'm just a nobody, out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. Tsk. A'ight,...so be it :)

Now,...

I'm sitting on the brink along the Southeast Rim of the Chisos Mountains marveling at how a rainbow curves with a cloud's shadow whilst ravens and swifts swoosh through the air just a few feet above my head. The Sierra Del Carmens, to the east, provide the Sun with a canvas to paint oranges, reds, blues, and purples and I am in awe of everything in every way. With my arms behind me, my hands on the rock, and my feet dangling over the 1500 feet below me, I see that there beside me is a tough and courageous agave plant literally hanging on to the edge but doing so with a natural confidence. I chuckled with a huge grin after the agave seemed to tell me: "many a sunset!"

With a new day comes a new painting.
Now THIS is Paradise...

"I forgive you, I really do. I forgive you like a dog forgives a brutal master and I mean it, I forgive you for being such an ignorant person. I forgive you for using your skills and abilities in vain. I forgive you for forgetting and hurting us. I forgive you for being mean and selfish. I forgive you, above all, for forgetting (or denying) what love is.

I do, I forgive you, (place name here), for allowing hoovanity to swallow the best of you."

Sigh

...the sun is down and the full moon hangs from a glistening night sky. I think of you all while I am here and I ponder on the wonderful things we've learned, shared, and of the more good things to come. I know I am truly blessed to be in such a diverse community and one that is not so much defined by their experience or knowledge, but by the willingness to be honest with one another about who they are in that community and by that, enabling true diversity and sincere sentiments.

"I thought deafhood was such hogwash,.. but I realize now that I was wrong..."

"Deafhood people are elitists. Oh, what is an elitist?"

"It is better to do what hearing people do because the world is hearing. (Dammit, why do they always seem to make me feel inferior?)"

"The key to success is to appear successful at all cost."

You know,.. being honest is more than just telling "your truth". It is more than just being blunt. It is mostly about being clear with yourself on the wrongs you've done, the lessons you've learned, the flaws you DO have, and how you tried to hide those things. Honesty is about loving your true self so that others may love you for who you ARE. Honesty is being you and not a poser. You know what I mean.

Me entiendes?
You are perfectly fine just the way you ARE.
(How many times have I said that shit?)

I, like you, am deaf and I am aware that THEY, the hearing world, are not going to listen to our Truth until we can convince YOU to come out of your trained defense and denial of your flaws and misunderstandings.

'memba,..you ain't perfect, right?
That is YOU!

Of course, if you need TeePee to help you get that brown stuff off your nose, just ask me and I'll hand you a roll WITHOUT judgment. Now, now, now,...I'm not mocking you, I know this because I've been confronted by a freedom fighter before and she kicked my ass real good. (Got Scott?)

Again and again and again, I ain't trying to intimidate you or put you down, but I will do my BEST to slap some sense into you because hey, if anyone has been listening with the heart and trying to understand, it has been us, who know the traps and snares of such vanity. Be ye free...

Hey now,...
I'm trying here.

3 comments:

  1. Who was it that said, "Know thyself"? Yeah... that means being HONEST with YOURSELF (and others). And those folks certainly aren't being either....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently I was chastised severely for interpreting for my son in a work setting. I have already admitted I am lousy at ASL. Hey, when you live 80 -100 miles from services what do you do? It is a USDA forest service job. It was just a meeting to introduce workers to each other. I asked for pay. Mostly to cover gas and time. Not really for any small skill I have with SEE. UGH!

    I let his boss know that was the ONLY time I would be doing it. I educated him on how to get an interpreter and to ask a couple weeks in advance in the area we live in where accommodations are scarce. N.E. WA state.

    I am the FIRST to admit my ignorance. I just hope some Deaf who have been walked over and hurt can tone down their criticism of our mistakes when we are trying to learn....and at an old age too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bravo

    thank u for sharing the majesty of the world's artistry at sunset on a ridge with the truth before us...

    we r very small creatures on this planet making a very large mess

    lets all get busy cleaning up

    thanks - very nice imagery to meditate on as we all try to stay the course of truth, justice, and peace via love - truth force / soul force

    yee haw

    peace
    patti

    ReplyDelete