chicp

chicp

Ol Will



"All the world’s a stage,

And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages." -Shakespeare

Monday, May 23, 2011

Hey YOU! YES, YOU!

No sir.
No ma'am.

You most certainly will not use my voice.
You definitely will not corrupt my gift.

Nope,...no-siree...naw....naw....naw....
I'm not gonna let you manipulate the situation.

Uh-uh,...like hell you will...

I will not be bullied by you and your hearing world into thinking that I can be a tool for your benefit, for the sake of making communication easier for you and harder for me, for the benefit of your company and product that doesn't reveal honest results. I will not allow you to exploit me for the sake of that market and ideology.

Liah! Liah!
Pants on fiah!

I will not be proud and pretend that I understand you. I will not be led to believe that I am something that I am not. I will not lead others, as you'd have me, to believe that the quality of life is so much better when you can speak and hear. I refuse to believe that one who hears and speaks has a much better chance at opportunities than one who does neither.

It's in your head, Fool!...
It's in your head!
That's capital F, FOOL!
...in yer heyuhd...

I will not be your middle man for the one who won't sign and the one who doesn't speak. Hell NO I say! I ain't gonna letcha run the show because there is just so little that you know. Besides, it is not your show and neither is it mine.

...And I stepped outside and I opened up my arms and said...
I am alive...yeeeeeeeeehaw!!!

I'm a Deaf man who can speak and I speak pretty damn good for a fucker who can't hear a damn thing. Yeah,...I'm gonna brag about it but I'm gonna do it for a good cause. You can call it crazy and messed up but that's alright because I really don't expect you would understand anyhow...

I can use my voice because it belongs to ME, not you dumbfucks. Got it? I can refuse to use my voice because I have that right. Pues si! Oh,...and you can learn to sign. I mean, heck, I learned to speak AND I learned to sign so I don't see how you CAN'T learn to sign, right?

BUT Oh right,..you don't have time or respect for diversity. Okay,..I gotcha, bro.
THUMBS UP! Tsk! (wink)

I'm telling you,...you can do whatever you want with what you got and what you chose, but I have to say this,..you sold out, yo!

Bragging still...

I learned really early because I lost it all and when you lose it all, only then do you start to see others who never had it, actually prove to you that your thinking has a hearing world bias to it that actually reeks of discrimination and derogatory thinking.

You gotta swaller yer pride.
Pull up your britches.
Be humbled dammit...

Now now now,..I'm gonna include two links to vlogs of mine that have no captions and no sign language in them because I CHOSE, like parents are entitled to do so for their Deaf children, to address a hearing audience. Pffffttt!

Choices! Choices! Choices!

Bet your hearing aid can't catch every word.
Oh? Blame it on the accent.
Aw-rite!

Yea,..I get to chose whatever I want and however I do it. It's all about me, baby! I know what I know... I said what I said,...uh huh,...ME!

The purpose of re-posting these vlogs is to give you idiots a good, solid, and prime example of what an audist is. Oh yes,..I've been considered one many a time but I've had great teachers who have provided me with other prime examples and I've walked a good distance myself. Not just through my own doings but in the doings of others and I hope these vlogs give you, the idiots, an idea of what it is YOU do, knowingly or not, that is ridiculously rude and oppressive.

You see,..the two vlogs deal with TV shows that brainwash folks like you.

In the vlogs I talk about ABC's portrayal of Deaf children and Deaf people. I'm talking about how Marlee Matlin is being used. I'm talking about audism and what it entails. I'm talking about a manager refusing to hire some one simply on the basis that they cannot hear. I'm talking about teaching the world how to effectively discriminate deaf people without getting into licit terms, on primetime. I'm talking about bloggers who write some of the stupidest stuff because they buy in to that propaganda and illusory bullshit. The sad fact about these here vlogs is that I'm talking about issues that INVOLVE Deaf people and yet I've closed the doors of discussion that could INCLUDE Deaf people themselves.





That right there, me pally, is bona fide audism right before yer eyes.

Yep,...I'm aware of what it is and I'm mighty sorry that you choose to deny it exists or refuse to even try to get it. Maybe one day when you lose it all, you might just hear the call.

Pretty Cwazee...yea,...

Like I said in the beginning, Deaf people have a bigger purpose in life than to be trained puppets. They're here to tell you what you can't hear. They're here to cut your strings and broaden your horizons. They're not here as subjects for science. There is more to it than you may ever know...

Aye aye aye...on a final note,..I can use my voice to fight the good fight, to scream the Truth, and to shut the shitheads like YOU, YES, YOU!,...up. I ain't worried,...I've plenty of hearing allies and truth-keepers to put you to shame. I ain't playing...

And if I choose to simply sign in your face,..that, too, you must deal with. Sorry, folks,...I didn't come out of the factory like they had hoped.

Other than that, I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. Audism is either a choice known or unknown to the audist. If its unknown it eventually becomes known by the aid of supportive or angry anti-audists. Si? What of the audist who consciously continue to make audistic choices? It feels like they are less forgivable but then again, there are plenty of a-holes in the world- what makes them (consciously practicing audists) any different than any other a-hole?

    Sometimes I feel like deaf people want to particularly become exempt from the malpractice of people being human.

    ReplyDelete