chicp

chicp

Ol Will



"All the world’s a stage,

And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages." -Shakespeare

Saturday, January 23, 2016

El Regreso

I'll say Whoooo-ey and I mean WHOOOOO-ey!

Sho' is nice to be back in the saddle and runnin' in 'em dere hills. It's been too long, neighbor. I reckon more than a set of spells wouldn't ya reason? Well, let me start by professing my love for this place, my friends. The name matters not but its that kind of place where when you grow up in it and leave it to come back and accept that it's in yer blood. You cain't just take it out and change that about your being. It's a part of you, the distant horizons, the ornery uplifts, and the ever so present jaws of wildness. Ready to bite upon those unaware, the weakest of the link, for the sake of survival. Wildness, I stress.

Our confluence of energies make it today what it is. You name 'em, we got 'em. You see 'em, we be 'em. It's the Desert and a hell of a place to be thirsty. I mean, You got more beer going down and piss coming out than you got water stored in tanks. That's Terlingua in a nutshell.

And it's good to be home. A-yup.
Nice to be howdyin' and whatnot.

Better yet, we, the lady and children, have the skeleton of a house put up, now all it needs its some loving for the walls to go up and the rooms to be filled. Time, friends, it takes time, patience, and prayer I believe, to really put Life in a home. A place to hold Sacred from the "outside". A place to treasure and nurture our hearts that we may walk with humble hands and clean eyes.

It matters not that you drank the Kool-Aid, no one said you had to keep drinking it.
And that goes many ways...

Now I gots to run on now, tho' I'll be seein' y'all soon enough cause this here blog is ALIVE 'n' kickin'
dj



No comments:

Post a Comment