chicp

chicp

Ol Will



"All the world’s a stage,

And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages." -Shakespeare

Saturday, January 30, 2016

She's a Good Land.

A Badlands? Ha!

Yea, for the sake of exploitation, we live in a "badlands" where nobody gets out alive. You step one foot in and you'll find yourself carried out in a box because people here don't play dat. So says Patchy the one eyed cowpuncher. And that's the idea, bring in some explicit publicity and talk about getting away with murder. I mean, you kill somebody you'll have to pay one way or another. Just the way it is. As for this made for TeeVee crap, it's a sad string if you ask me.

I mean, I've lived in the Big Bend Country my whole life and I've known life AND death out here. Our history is rich with stories and the land can show you why. El Despoblado, a no man's land, La Frontera and the Desert. Sharp, Spiny, and lethal to those who overlook the rules. Chasms open left and right. Distances deceiving perception. Water seldom seen and trails abruptly ended. There is difficulty for the novice and challenge for the expert all the same. You see, She expects that we listen all the time in order that our safety is ensured.

Which brings me to the point:
There are those that listen and those to the contrary.

You see, it might be a "Badlands" iffen ya don't listen. Yet,...if you listen to the green hues of the landscape, to the contours of the hills and follow the veins of invisible Life, the water's mark on the surface of the earth. The unseeable water that Is. Iffen you can listen and read these things, Iffen you can pay heed to the laws of light, the laws of time and to the laws of seasons, weather and energy. She's sure to be with you throughout the rest of your days. Disregard Her, Life, and yours too will unravel. Might sound simple but it ain't.

Life is complex and circuitous yet beautifully interconnected.

I live here because it is home. It is the music in the air of this here Desert that soothes my heart. I love the integrity of what some call "empty spaces" and "desolate". I appreciate the blunt facts of life when one is stripped of convenience. I have come to appreciate more and more how every single thing about my life yesterday has begun to make so much more sense today. Why we exist here and what our true purpose is. Connect the dots with simplicity and soon enough all is clarity.

Life and Death.
Sex, Drugs, Rock n Roll.
Lies and Truth.
Money, Power, and Greed.

I am grateful that I'm not being charged for the air I breathe regardless of the fact that our dependency on oil and gas is taxing our lungs via pollution. Besides, I'm a slave to Tobacco, what gives? Paradoxical Hypocritical Flea!

Reality TeeVee: I mean, hell, if we had anything real about reality TV out here, it would be about simple things that matter most and not about murder at the O.K. Corral. The world has enough drama to give itself a heart attack. The question She often asks people is:

Which world do YOU live in?

The answer, She whispers, often determines your fate.

Of course, I ain't no speshul thang, just some little fella
walking down the lane lookin for a light.

Reality:

The having of a camera crew in the present moment makes obsolete the attempt at catching reality. Camera crew gets exhausted because they've not adapted to the habits, rituals, and labors of the local element. No crew can be on top of it 24/7. No crew can film what happens in the dark. No crew can hear the words of wisdom when they expect to profit off of a lifestyle that is actual and real. It's an unwritten law.

Sad shame we humans seem to stoop lower every passing generation.
Please tell me it's an illusion.

That's me thought for the day,..and ahh yonder goes a blackbird...
dj






No comments:

Post a Comment